Festive Vol au Vent
A flavoursome, fruity mix of turkey, pheasant and forest mushrooms served in festive Pidy Star Bouchées.
- 4 Pidy Star Bouchée (re-heated)
- 4 turkey fillets
- 300ml wild poultry stock
- 1 bag chestnuts (baked)
- 1 box of mixed forest mushrooms
- Sea salt
- 300g minced pheasant meat
- A handful of hazelnuts
- A handful of cranberries
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
Makes 4 Servings
- Heat a knob of butter in a pan and fry the turkey until golden brown, season with salt and pepper
- Add the stock and cook on low heat for 10 minutes
- When cooked, add the cream and dill and cook for 5 minutes more
- Chop the cranberries and hazelnuts, then mix through with the pheasant meat
- Beat the egg and add to the mixture along with the breadcrumbs
- Roll the mixture into balls and then fry in butter
- Fry the mushrooms in butter and finish with thyme, pepper and salt
- Fry the chestnuts in butter
- Cut the turkey into thin strips
- Fill the Pidy Star Bouchée by layering the ingredients
Discover more from Pidy...
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.
Essential kit with which to present your creations, helping you make pastry the star of your event.
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
Want to discover more about the Pidy range?
Download our brochure for our full product ranges, product information and recipes.our brochure