Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie
A deliciously sweet and creamy tart with bites of tangy rhubarb.
- Pidy Straight Sided Tart
- 3 cups rhubarb, sliced 1/4” thick
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp butter, diced
- 2 tbsp strawberry jam
- 1/4 tsp water
- Bake the rhubarb slices for 15 minutes in butter until they are tender
- Combine rhubarb and strawberries in a bowl, transfer to the pie crust making sure to evenly distribute the mixture
- Whisk eggs, sugar, milk, flour and nutmeg together in a medium bowl. Slowly pour over the rhubarb mixture until it just reaches the top edge of the crust. Lightly tap and shake the baking sheet to remove any air bubbles
- Transfer pie to the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes at 180°C
- Mix strawberry jam and water in a small bowl, heat in the microware until warm (about 15 seconds). Glaze the top of the pie with the jam mixture and let cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Discover more from Pidy...
Here’s a few ideas to get you started - you will find the products themselves inspire you to create plenty more.
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.