Quality Assurance Manager
Pidy is looking for a responsible Quality Assurance to join their US team.
OF THE FUNCTION
Establish a simple, understandable and integrated quality system that takes quality, food safety and the set Mission Statement into account. Develop, optimize and suggest improvements processes and SOP/GMPs.
Pidy Inc, 90 Inip Drive, Inwood, NY
Report to Plant Manager.
The Quality Assurance is in contact with all hierarchical levels.
4 BACK UP
Plant Manager and Production and Quality Administrator
• Designated SQF Practitioner
• Reasonable of FSVP program maintenance and updates
• Responsible for the internal Food Safety Plan under FDA requirements and PCQI trained
• Respond to questions of customers related to quality and/or food safety;
• Prepare and follow up customer’s audits and audits of certified institutions;
• Perform audits with suppliers on demand;
• Manage programs about food safety and quality;
• Manage purchasing activities of Pest Control, cleaning and other services (e.g. lab);
• Monitor and analyze customer complaints, internal non-conformities and requests for corrective actions;
• Support Sales department in the preliminary analysis of the integration of customer-related quality standards;
• Actualize and upgrade the existing quality systems to the requirements of different standards (HACCP, BRC, IFS, …) and legislations;
• Manage activities of Quality team;
• Manage all quality documentation and ensure everything is up to code and according to company policies (raw material, packaging, …);
• Keep technical sheets up-to-date in SAP;
• Manage and ensure that all data related to raw materials, semi-finished products, packaging and finished products is up-to-date in SAP (nutrition, microbiological, item data, …);
• Give training in food safety;
• Member of the crisis team of Pidy (recall, …);
• Manage cleaning master program and cleaning team;
• President of HACCP-team and member of chain meeting.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Block/Release production lines and/or non-conforming goods;
• Shutdown business activities in case of imminent and serious risks for food safety;
• Responsible for Cleaning team and Quality employees.
• Master’s degree in food science;
• Minimum 3 years experience in a similar position.
8 BFOQ’S OR MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Proficient in English & French (Spanish is an asset);
• Proficient in Ms Office (Outlook, Word and Excel);
• Knowledge of SAP;
• Must be flexible in working hours and working methods;
• Able to deal with details (quality of products) and able to notice seemingly insignificant details, but which have a great importance;
• Must be analytical and able to set, evaluate and modify cost structures;
• Able to structure and prioritize work and organize, develop and implement projects within a given time period;
• Able to bring innovative and creative ideas for products, processes and procedures;
• Must be a problem solver: able to analyze a problem precisely and able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and implement adequate solutions ;
• Able to perform quality controls. Conduct tests and inspections of products or processes to evaluate quality and performance and to implement better methods;
• Able to communicate effectively, quote a subject or a problem clearly and possess persuasion;
• Knowledge of quality systems and standards, nutrition and microbiological principles;
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and techniques;
• Knowledge of HACCP, BRC IFS and SQF quality procedures;
• Must follow house, sanitary and safety rules strictly;
• Good sanitation habits required;
• Good vision and hearing abilities required.
9 PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• The work needs to be performed while standing, seated or walking and requires the use of feet for repetitive movements;
• It requires the use of hands for grasping, pushing and pulling of arm controls and fine manipulations;
• It requires activities involving being exposed to marked changes in temperature and humidity;
• Extended hours working at a computer.
• Show organizational commitment
– Stand guarantee for the achievement of intended outcomes of the organization;
– Willing to stay informed about the industry and able to see trends in the sector;
– Able to determine organizational parameters;
– Develop organization’s objectives.
– Modify processes, procedures and structures to meet the quality;
– Measure quality and make adjustments if the required standards are not met.
– Able to stay focused while confronted with stressful situations;
– Able to control emotions;
– Able to deal constructively with criticism.
• Act in a
customer service manner
– Able to deal with internal and external customers in a transparent and objective way;
– Able to give professional advice;
– Able to anticipate to customers’ needs and give priority to customer satisfaction.
• Team work
– Able to work together with other employees;
– Able to deal with different kind of people and different levels;
– Able to show respect towards other employees (their opinions and ideas).
Interested? Please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover more from Pidy...
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
Essential kit with which to present your creations, helping you make pastry the star of your event.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.