Pidy is looking for a dedicated Maintenance Manager to keep equipment in prime conditition
OBJECTIVE OF THE FUNCTION
Ensure that technical projects are implemented in a quick and efficient way. In charge of minimizing the production downtimes and preventive maintenance in order to keep the production equipment in good condition.
• In charge
of troubleshooting in case of technical problems and production problems;
• Maintenance of all machinery and ensure that all the machines are “production ready”;
• Identify and implement technical improvements;
• Assist the Corporate Technical Director in the development of specific projects;
• Ensure the safety of equipment in accordance with local legislations;
• In charge of the negotiations for specific activities that need to be executed by third parties and/or for the purchase of new materials within the constraints of the allocated budget;
• In charge of the energy management (gas and electricity) and ensure that everything is in accordance with local legislations;
• Management of plant technicians, including hiring, reviews and disciplinary action.
• In charge of the coordination and the final check of performed technical activities by internal technicians and third parties;
• Work closely with production to achieve projects within deadlines and give support in case of audits;
• Maintain blue prints and follow up through CMMS package (c-works & SAP);
• Manage the inventory of spare parts & components and installation of materials where needed;
• Review and maintain technical files (installations and machines);
• Enter progress on tasks in CMMS Package (C-works on SAP);
• Keep workshop and tool cart clean and organized;
• Perform deep cleaning activities as needed;
• Follow CP and CCP procedure;
• Member of the HACCP team and chain meeting.
• Other duties as assigned by Plant Manager and/or Corporate Technical Director.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position
• Master’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Able to speak, read and write in English (Spanish is an asset);
• Able to work with a computer (Outlook, Excel & Word);
• Proficient in SAP;
• Must be flexible in working hours and working methods;
• Able to deal with details (quality of machines and equipment);
• Must be analytical;
• Able to organize, develop and implement projects;
• Able to bring innovative and creative ideas in technical processes, procedures and working methods and put them into practical solutions;
• Able to integrate information (deal with ambiguous information, see the link between different data, find alternatives and make conclusions);
• Must be a problem solver: able to analyze a problem precisely and able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and implement adequate solutions;
• Able to perform Quality controls. Conduct tests and inspections of processes to evaluate quality and performance and to implement better methods;
• Able to communicate effectively and quote a subject or a problem clearly;
• Knowledge of Electrical & Mechanical Engineering;
• Knowledge of machines and tools, engineering and technology principles;
• Knowledge of PLC programming;
• Knowledge of HACCP, BRC, AIB or SQF quality procedures is an asset;
• Must respect GMP005 and GMP005-A1 to protect the food against risks associated with contamination through maintenance activities;
• Must follow house, sanitary and safety rules strictly;
• Good physical condition and sanitation habits required;
• Good vision and hearing abilities required
Pidy Inc, 90 Inip Drive, Inwood, NY
Discover more from Pidy...
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
Essential kit with which to present your creations, helping you make pastry the star of your event.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.