Retail Account Manager
Sales & Admin Department, Northampton, UK
To conduct activities according to the business mission statement.
All commercial Retail activities within Pidy ltd.
- ACTIVITIES non-exhaustive list
- Take responsibility for an individual portfolio of UK Grocery & Retail accounts ensuring that company profitability, customer requirements and individual growth targets are met.
- Ownership & responsibility for the achievement of key commercial objectives within specified customer accounts and overall strategy by establishing and pro-actively managing relationships at multiple levels.
- Continual evaluation of customer product mix to drive improved profitability incorporating initiatives from marketing such as complexity reduction and cost of product recommendation
- Development and ongoing management of customer joint business plans where relevant, ensuring that these are aligned to business priorities
- Taking the lead with buyers to secure the optimum distribution level & fixture space for all supplied products (focusing specifically on the biggest & most profitable skus)
- Management of customer relationships and internal relationships across multiple departments (commercial, technical, product development) to optimise results
- Ensuring forecast accuracy is in line with account targets and working collaboratively with the demand planner to implement necessary changes, leading to a volume forecast that supports delivery on time and informs the businesses financial planning cycle
- Annually review customer account plans as part of the budgeting process for the following year.
- Implement an agreed promotional plan within defined trade investment budgets.
- Evaluate promotional effectiveness to ensure the most efficient use of promotional expenditure
- Provide the business with accurate rolling monthly sales forecasts.
- Deliver and rationalise an accurate monthly demand plan
- COMPETENCIES & EDUCATION
- Previous Account Management Experience 3+ years (Food Retail/Grocery) a must
- Proven ability to multi-task and deliver exceptional results in fast paced, dynamic environment;
- Entrepreneurial mindset and creative abilities
- Outstanding written/verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills;
- Exceptional analytical, organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Exceptional relationship skills (building and maintaining)
- Enthusiastic attitude with strong leadership skills
- Essential – proven experience of managing head office buyer relationships across the Grocery channel, working with M&S, Waitrose, Asda, Morrisons, Tesco, Sainsburys etc.
- You will do whatever it takes to be seen whilst being professional, persistent and ressillient
- Good educational standard
- Desirable – Relevant Commercial and Food Manufacturing NVQ’s
- Desirable – Commercial Institute of Management Diploma
- Clients are central: you think along with them. Not only are you a door opener, you also ensure that customers are and remain satisfied. You have an eye for cross- and upselling.
- Analytical competencies: you ensure correct follow-up and provide the required reporting to group management.
- Communication is key, both internally and externally. You are a very good communicator face-to-face, by phone and by e-mail. You say what you do and do what you say
- In addition, you ensure good communication with the back office team. All administrative tasks linked to the sales tasks are closely managed by you and your team.
- You work closely together with the Commercial Manager and the Operational Director
- Managing skills: you lead by example, dedicate yourself to improve those around you, coaching them towards outstanding results.
- Knowledge of languages: you speak and write English very well, a knowledge of French would be very helpful to ensure smooth working with the group and production sites.
- You must be prepared to travel in UK, France, Belgium and occasionally to other countries.
Do you want to be part of our team? Let us know!
Discover more from Pidy...
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
Essential kit with which to present your creations, helping you make pastry the star of your event.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.